The truth of what happened prior to the discovery of that body remains concealed.
The concealment of the truth has, in part, founded on the actions (and failures to act) by a number of figures including the following:
- Lord Hutton - the Hutton Inquiry was visibly inadequate in establishing the truth.
- Assistant Chief Constable Michael Page - who, so far as I can judge, lied to the Hutton Inquiry about at least two material issues.
- Detective Constable Graham Coe - who concealed from the Hutton Inquiry the presence of the "third man" at Harrowdown Hill.
- Chief Constable Sarah Thornton - whose force in 2010 and 2011 have continued to conceal and obfuscate the truth, including giving dishonest evidence to the Attorney General's examination of the relevant issues in the context of Section 13 of the Coroners Act 1988.
- Attorney General Dominic Grieve QC MP - who gave a dishonest and irrational statement to the House of Commons on 9th June 2011
I remain optimistic that the truth will, in time, be established.
Like the phone hacking scandal, the murder of Dr. David Kelly casts unwanted light on the murky world where politics, illegality and the Police overlap.
It seems to me that the criminality in relation to the conspiracy to conceal the murder of Dr. David Kelly includes crimes far more serious than the misdeeds which led to the resignation yesterday of Sir Paul Stephenson.
I agree Andrew that the cover up relating to the death of Dr Kelly is far more serious than the events leading up to the resignation of Sir Paul Stephenson.ReplyDelete
It is a matter of informing the public about just how extensive the cover up was, and is, not something easy to explain in view of the sheer complexity of the issue.