I thought it might be useful, as a way to document the huge gaps in the evidence given to Brian Hutton, briefly to list potential witnesses who weren't called (for whatever reason) to give evidence to the Hutton Inquiry.
After the name of each witness I give an illustrative area of interest that might legitimately, or necessarily, have been inquired into by Hutton.
I haven't attempted to make the list exhaustive so, if another name occurs to you, please feel free to add that name (or names) in a comment on this post.
1. Sergeant Morris - to explain why a Police helicopter was used in a missing person inquiry as quickly as it was.
2. Detective Constable Shields - to give evidence regarding the scene where the body was found and to resolve the discrepancy between the evidence of DC Coe and that of the volunteer searchers.
3. Dr. Eileen Hickey - to give evidence regarding her findings re those aspects of the forensic biology in her area of expertise (DNA, I understand).
4. DCI Alan Young - to explain the nature of Operation Mason and to account for his actions in directing the inquiry into the suspicious death of Dr. David Kelly.
5. "Harry Lime" - The so-far unidentified "third man" who accompanied DC Coe and DC Shields - to identify himself and to give evidence regarding the actions of DC Coe and DC Shields.
For the avoidance of doubt, I'm hoping we can build up a list of those who gave no evidence to Hutton.
The matter of those who gave incomplete, inconsistent or inaccurate evidence to Hutton I see as belonging to a separate category.