In a recent post, The Death of David Kelly - David Kelly's security clearance, I drew attention to the impressive range of classified documents he was cleared to see, both in the UK and internationally.
In this post, I'm going to list some of the agencies he worked with.
The source of the information is this document, Letter Dr Kelly/ Richard Scott annual review April 200 to March 2001, on the Hutton Inquiry web site.
David Kelly was said to work with the following organisations in relation to Iraq:
- DIS - The Defence Intelligence Staff of the UK Ministry of Defence
- "Box 850", a synonym for MI6 or SIS.
- CIA - The United States Central Intelligence Agency
- AFMIC - The United States Armed Forces Medical Ingelligecne Center at Fort Detrick, a part of the United States Defence Intelligence Agency.
- ACDA - The United States Arms Control and Disarmament Agency
The listed agencies correspond closely to aspects of David Kelly's security clearance to which I referred earlier in this post.
I hope to add further detail as to David Kelly's role(s) with these various agencies in a future post.