DC Coe's oral testimony to the Hutton Inquiry is here.
The ordering of the suggested questions follows the sequence of information addressed during his testimony to the Hutton Inquiry.
- Which senior officer sent you to the Longworth area?
- You interviewed Ruth Absalom. Please read the record of her evidence that you made in your notebook.
- What part of Ruth Absalom's evidence led you and your colleagues to head towards the River Thames?
- You said you were assigned to house to house inquiries. On whose authority did you discontinue those and head towards the River Thames?
- Did you seek authority from a more senior officer for discontinuing house to house inquiries?
- Which two colleague(s) accompanied you during the house to house inquiries?
- When you headed towards the River Thames who accompanied you?
- How was it that you came to head towards Harrowdown Hill?
- Can you specify where you met Paul Chapman?
- At what time did you first see the body?
- When Mr. Chapman showed you the body, did you return to the track with him? Or did you leave him to return alone to the track?
- Please read out the observations regarding the body and the surrounding scene that you made in your notebook.
- Was the head of the body against the trunk of a tree or some distance from a tree?
- Did you remain with the body until other Police officers arrived?
- In your evidence to the Hutton Inquiry you said that you stayed at the scene yet you also said you took other officers to the body. If you stayed with the body how could you take someone to it?
- Did you see the ambulance staff?
- Did you stay at the scene while the ambulance staff determined whether or not life was extinct?
- If not, how did you come to have 10.07 in your notebook as the time when life was pronounced extinct?
I'm sure others can improve on or add to the list of questions which a QC might ask DC Coe at an inquest, but thought that attempting to create a list might stimulate thinking and debate about the gaps and/or inconsistencies in DC Coe's evidence to Lord Hutton.